enCOMPASS will implement and validate an integrated socio-technical approach to behavioural change for energy saving, by developing innovative user-friendly digital tools for making energy data consumption available and understandable for the different users and stakeholders (residents, employees, pupils, building managers, utilities, ICT providers) empowering them to collaborate to achieve energy savings and manage their energy needs in energy efficient, cost-effective and comfort-preserving ways.
It will demonstrate how this can be achieved by a novel approach that integrates user-centered visualisation of energy data from smart sensors and user-generated information with context-aware collaborative recommendations for energy saving, intelligent control and adaptive gamified incentives enabling effective and sustained behavioural change.
- Stimulate behavioural change for energy saving with a holistic approach integrating innovative digital tools with smart home automation and a full-cycle model of sustained behavioural change.
- Study social awareness incentives to promote energy conservation behaviours;
- Create an innovative method to learn and develop models of user behaviour integrating quantitative data, obtained by smart sensors, and qualitative data, collected through an online social participation application;
- Validate the relative effectiveness of different types of behavioural change interventions for different types of users, in different types of settings and in different climatic conditions.
- Disseminate our results, in particular fostering trans-disciplinary works involving both ICT and energy researchers.
- Deploy a modular and scalable ICT platform that integrates a series of components, provide utilities an effective tool for the design and implementation of energy demand management policies to promote efficiency;
- Improve the resource efficiency and business operations of utilities thanks to the use of the enCompass platform.
- Promote the adoption of novel ICT solutions in energy management companies.
- Make energy usage data accessible to consumers in a user-friendly, easy-to-understand way.
- Demonstrate that individual comfort levels can be maintained while achieving energy savings.